Wednesday, August 09, 2006

T-Mac #3

Story starters! I often find that my writing is pretty good for the first few sentences and then the wheels come off the wagon and whatever I’m working on spirals into mediocrity after that. So, rather than writing one response to this prompt, I’m going to write a few of them and just eject before they start to suck...hopefully.

Attempt #1:

Mom always warned me that if I kept making that face, it would stay that way. Well, she was right. Much like “don’t feed the bears” and “don’t mix beer and hard alcohol,” that little lesson flew right over my head and now I’m stuck with a face that resembles a creature off of The X-Files. I would be lying if I said having a mouth the width of a Frisbee didn’t have some advantages. For one, I don’t have to cut up my steak at all, and for another, I’m going to be the subject of a very special Nip/Tuck next season. So I’ve got that going for me.

Attempt #2:

When I tell people that my sister and I are home schooled, most people roll their eyes and assume that we’re freakishly awkward, hyper religious kids who build houses out of popsicle sticks for 14 hours a day while learning about why the world is flat and how Rush Limbaugh is the second coming of Jesus. Really though, we’re just regular kids. We have friends and sleep-overs and own a really awesome easy bake oven. I do gymnastics and my sister competes in science fairs. Our days are fun because we love each other, and that’s what I think of when I look at this picture.

Attempt #3:

My sister and I were told that we needed a talent for the World’s Most Beautiful Child Pageant at Scottsdale Mall and this was the best we could do. Honestly, we’re just not that talented and that might just hold us back in the world of beauty pageants. Oh well. At least we’ll be the most entertaining contestants...unless someone knows how to juggle. Stupid jugglers.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

T-Mac, I certainly havn't noticed this supposed trend! Somebody should have told me the "Beer and hard alcohol" rule, it would have saved me a lot of grief!

8:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home