Sunday, July 30, 2006

Alan #1

I cared what she thought, so when she dared me I knew I was in trouble. I waited until after services were over and the pastor was seeing everyone off, then I made my move. I swiped the communion wine. I had hung back, telling my mom I’d left something in the pew, then approached the alter, grabbed the wine and ran out the side of the rectory. I hid the wine in the garden with the intention of getting it later that night.

I had no intention of really doing it when I’d first suggested it. But then Jessica dared me. She told me I should grab it, then we’d drink it later that night. She was so cute. How could I resist? Besides, I thought that, with the help of the wine, I might finally get to kiss her.

So after hiding the wine, I went back out the front of the church, said goodbye to Pastor Dan and headed home with my mom.

After dinner, I snuck out my bedroom window and made my way back to the church. I found the wine right where I had left it. I felt so dirty as I grabbed the bottle and headed to Jessica’s house. But I also felt excited. Sure, we got to drink a little wine every weekend. But this was going to be more than usual. And this was going to be illicit. Stolen sacramental wine.

I arrived in Jessica’s backyard and sent her a quick text message. A few moments later, her curtains parted and I saw her. She was grinning. She opened the window and climbed down the trellis on the side of the house. I watched her ass sway back and forth in her tight jeans as she came down. I gripped the wine bottle more tightly.

She jumped the last three feet and grabbed my hand, dragging me along toward the silly playhouse that took up part of the back yard. She told me once that she’d had it since she was a kid, and her dad refused to take it down. So she’d go here when she wanted a little privacy.

I uncapped the bottle and offered her the first swig. She drank deeply, then passed the bottle to me. I drank as well, savoring the taste of her cherry lip balm on the lip, mixed with the more sour taste of the wine. My head was swimming already, although I’m pretty sure that it was my proximity to Jessica that caused it.

I felt her hand on my arm. I looked up from the bottle and there she was, leaning toward me. I set the bottle down and licked my lips. This was it. We were going to kiss. I leaned in toward her, approaching slowly. My lips were mere inches from hers, when suddenly there was a bright light illuminating the small space. I looked up into the angry eyes of Jessica’s father, bright red from embarrassment and the wine.

“Uh…hello, Pastor Dan….”

1 Comments:

Blogger T-Mac said...

OH MY GOD THAT HAPPENED TO ME.

7:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home